Top tips for new Mums
Lincolnshire Mums offer their top tips for new Mums
2) The internet is EVIL and you should never research anything, especially during a 2am feed!! I love this tip. It is all too easy to go into a whirlwind of panic when you google your baby’s symptoms online. The best advice I can give is if your concerned pick up the phone to your Dr or out of hours service and speak to a professional. No worry is too small to get checked out.
3) Trust yourself and only take on board the advice you feel comfortable with. You know your baby…or at least you will once things calm down a bit.
5) It’s ok to not get out the house for 3 months. It’s ok to not get out of the house before 11am EVER!! Just stay home for a few weeks and enjoy your little bundle. Do not feel bad about doing nothing but care for and nurture them. The time is so precious and they start growing immediately there is no pause button.
6) Don’t compare your child to others. Everyone will do it in their own time.
8) Accept all offers of help. You’re not super woman and being a mum can be tough and draining. You’ll be a better parent for taking help and having some time for yourself.
9) Sleep when baby sleeps! It doesn’t matter that there are dishes in the sink and you haven’t had time for a shower. You need to snatch every opportunity to rest, especially in the early days.
10) Remember that no one is perfect and everyone has their own way of doing things.
Have you got some top tips that you would like to share with new mums, why not add them to the comments section for my readers to benefit from.
Reserve your Newborn Photography Session
To secure your due date please book via the form below.