Pancake Day is fast approaching. Every year I have a last minute panic about what to buy to add to the mix for the little ones. If your children are like mine they want pancakes for every meal so a mix of sweet and savoury options is essential. Here are my top ideas for delicious Pancake treats.
1. Traditionally lemon and sugar goes down well with my own little people.
2. My absolute favourite is strawberries and nutella. A delicious mix of flavours to make the perfect treat.
3. Ice cream and sliced banana's make a mouth watering combination.
4. One i'll be trying this year is Peanut butter, banana and chocolate. As i'm currently training for the London Marathon this is a perfect high carb, protien combination to support my training regime.
5. For a more savour option. Bacon would make a great topping for a breakfast feast.
6. Butternut squash and stilton cheese make a perfect mix for a delicious savoury option.
7. A firm favourite food in our house is Chirizo sausage. Why not try this with some pulled pork in a rich tomato sauce for a delightful full flavoured meal.
8. Garlic mushroom and brie would be a perfect combination for a creamy flavoured savoury pancake.
9. Smoke salmon and cream cheese sounds like the perfect combination for a low fat filling.
What unusual fillings do you enjoy with your pancakes?